Do you concider yourself a...

Friday, August 6, 2010

Race to the end

In the past week I have covered at least 35% of the Indiana 28th District meeting with local farmers, business people, churches and just sitting down in local diners, American Legions and VFWs. One thing has become very apparent, the people even at the state level feel very disconnected from their representation in government. I knows the idea is well known but I really wonder if people understand to what level the frustration has grown. There is an anger that is building and there seems to be no steam release in place before the frustrated anger blows into action. The action needs to be directed, with only 87 days left to the elections there needs to be a sense of planned urgency to turn this around. If for each supporter for a candidate took on the responsibility to talk to people until they found at least 20 people who they know would vote for the candidate, for every 100 supporters you would have 2000 votes. That means it would only take less then 500 supporters to win by a landslide in many of the state races. That would translate into 10,000 votes and the important thing to remember would be that they talk to people until they get 20 votes what about each person they talked to who was not sure or was supporting some one else and might change their mind? Just yersterday I talked to at least 250 people on my own, one busimess owner was so glad to have a candidate stop to talk to him without asking for money, he introduced me to everyone who worked there. I now have 15 more people who have contacted me to work for my campaign and all I put into it was time.

No comments:

Post a Comment